Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Baking Bear and a Praying Mouse

~~~NOTE: For some reason Typepad will not allow some of the links to work, some of the pictures to pop up or when they do they come up HUGE. I will try to fix it when things are working properly. Until then you can probably google the site that the links won't work on. Sorry for the trouble, I try to link items/blogs/stores so that you don't have to do a search. Hopefully tomorrow they will have fixed it.~~~

Whoo Hooo...I get to go to Alicia's house today and watch Camden while she is napping. How fun is that! I can't believe he is already a week old. It seems like just yesterday that Alicia was so uncomfortable that she would jusut point to her belly and say "I just want him OUT!" ha ha ha...I am sure every mom out there remembers those days.  I can say, though, I have NEVER given birth to a 9 pound 10 ounce baby!!! No wonder she was so very uncomfortable after he dropped. YIKES, my poor daughter, who still seems so young to me at 25, LOL

OK...enough chatter about me...I have 2 cards for you today.  The for the first I used one of Mo's adorable images called "Flossie and her doll" . Oh My Gosh, can you say CUTE!!! I love this image.

Faith mouse

I am still learning how to use my Copics and find I spend a lot of time working on images.

Faith mouse close up

I did find Flossie one of the easier ones, so had more time to devote to the card. I even added a cute little charm! Don't you just love charms. I grow green with envey (JK) when I see them on cards. How do they buy just the right ones? I can hardly find any at my local craft stores, even in the jewlery section. Perhaps I need to find a catalog for Jewlery making. That may be where all the wonderful charms are.

Anyway, I wanted a butterfly for this card, but did not have any {{{sniff} so I used the cute dragonflies. They are my 3rd favorite flying creature that the Lord made, 3rd only to birds and butterflies.

Faith mouse charmThe Sentiment I found in my stash is perfect for this card. Now, Scripture stamps are one of the things that I try to purchase often. This was among the very first ones I purchased so I do not remember where I got it. The FAITH stamp is from one of the Greating Farm sets.

Faith mouse sentiment OK, I did make this card for fun. As I said I love the image and am working on perfecting my knowledge of the Copics. 

Another fun thing about it is that this card could be used for 3 challenges!

1. Mo's Digital Challenge #12: Anything that represents a new beginning...HERE IS REPRESENTS A NEW DAY

2. Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge: New baby or Christian conversion. TO ME THIS REPRESENTS NOT ONLY A NEW DAY, BUT A NEW DAY IN CHRIST AND FOR CHRIST

3. Pile It On #29...Yup, another one since....the challenge is anything digital THIS IS A DIGITAL STAMP

On To Card # 2 :o)

Baking bear

Blueberry Pie Baking Bear

Here is another adorable stamp. It is from Sew Many Cards and is called Bear Chef.  I chose him not only because he is cute and these stamps are new to me, but...yes that is right...he fits into a new to me challenge site called One Stop Craft Challenge This weeks challenge (#61) is to use Something Beginning with  "B"

I was soooooo lucky to have a charm for this card too. YEAH! Baking bear charm Aren't these spoons just the cutest!?

I know that I am getting to be a lazy stamper, LOL. I love the digis, not only are they cute and fairly easy to color, but they are so simple to just print out. No messy stamps or Ink to deal with. I am going to have to vow to use rubber at least 2 times next week, {{{wink}}}

Thank you for stopping by today and for all the wonderful comments that you all have been leaving. I am still waiting for the enabler to help me convice my husband that I really NEED the other 72 (2 sets) Copic Markers, tee he he he...anyone???

Sandy O

No comments: