Monday, January 4, 2010

What kind of bird it THAT???

Song bird

Well, I am not sure, LOL. The challenge was to use my oldest stamp and my newest tool. Easy as pie of a challenge right?! Stampin' Up's Song Birds was the very first set/stamp I ever got. Have you been to a Stampin' Up work shop? My first one and I was in love with stamping and paper crafts. So much so that in less than 3 weeks I became a demo!

Pulling the set out and looking at it I was thrilled.  What an easy image to color. The shadowing is basically done. But wait....how do I color the bird? Hmmmmm, I wanted to do the card in black, white and red, but it certainly is not a cardinal. A sparrow or titmouse maybe?

When I colored it for those type of birds the image basically disappeared. After re-stamping the image for the 3rd time, I decided it was a baby cardinal, ha ha ha...sneaky me!

It did not end up looking like a baby cardinal, a sparrow or a titmouse. I honestly have not idea what kind of bird it is! But...he does match the paper, so I will call him Paperay. Why...because I think it is cute, Bwaaa ha ha.

That works out OK since I personally have never seen a bird sit on my mailbox. This one is there just to be part of my imagination. Here is a close up of my imagined bird. You can even click on him to see him even better if you really want to.

Song bird close up I guess my imagination needs a bit of work, tee he he. Perhaps there will be lots more football in the next few weeks. Then Paul can be content watching TV as I practice away on my imagination!

Have you ever had an image you had such trouble coloring? Certainly the copics, that I was sure would magically make me a good colorer, were just not doing their job!  Hmmmm...maybe I need the other 72 colors! Any enablers out there...? I really need you right now, {{{wink}}}

My cute imaginary bird has the honor of debuting on a card I am using for not 1 but 2 challenges.

Stampin' B's: to use my oldest stamp (song birds) and my newest tool (the scalloped circled nesties I traded for on SCS, what an awesome trade that was!)

The Sweet Stop: to use their sketch

I hope you like my Paperay.  Now to only imagine what beautiful songs he will sing for me. I will imagine he will sing some wonderfully beautiful hymns.

Ok...so I really, really NEED you enablers. Please, please leave me a comment to show Paul how important it is to spend the $

I am excited to show you, over the next couple of days, my next 2 projects I made. I hope you have a moment to stop by :o)

Hugs, Sandy O


 

No comments: