Friday, January 1, 2010

Bright Card On A Gray Day

Oh, Yeah, more snow last night. I don't think the sun has come out even on non snowy days.  I am REALLY starting to miss it, LOL. How I would love to need my sunglasses right now!

To brighten my day, I have had some wonderful comments on my embarrassing card from Saturday. I want to thank you all for the reminder that not everyone looks at things like I do...how prideful to think they do, LOL {blush} and am so glad they don't. You ladies are the best!

With the storm on the horizon yesterday it was a darker sky than other days have been. Blahhhh, ha ha ha...I love the bright white snow, just not to fond of the gray sky that come with it. I am thankful for them, though, because if it were spring every day, how would I not take the beauty of it for granted?

So I decided to use some bright cheery colors with this awesome flower from Fred She Saiddigital stamps. Have you checked these out yet? I know some of you just don't like or want to get into digital stamps. To be honest, I did not either , but I saw these. Oh how I love the style of them. They are made for layering and blinging (hmmm, wonder if that is even a word?), and I LOVE layering and blinging, LOL. Perhaps if you don't want to get into digis, you can still glean ideas from the site.

Freds free with scallops

The center flower and swirls are from Fred She Said. It seems that some paper crafters think you can't emboss digital images unless the printer ink stays wet long enough. NOT SO...all you need is a glue pen and you are good to go. Simply follow the lines with the glue pen, add you glitter or embossing powder. So easy. You can actually get much more detailed this way. That is how I added them for this card.

Freds free with scallops close upI added some Swarovski crystals and ribbon to finish off the card. I have to say that I LOVE the Swarovski crystals, but they are expensive. I do not use them on most of my cards. This card is so pretty and blingy, I decided to splurge, LOL. The jewel on the bottom is one of the new Jolee charms with the Swarovski crystals. Found these on sale for $2.50  a package! I felt like I hit gold, tee he he.

I hope this card brightened your day, too. I am off to my craft room....hmmm...there are sooooo many images and projects and challenges in my head, I wonder which one I will choose to do today, LOL...I hope you can stop by tomorrow and see!

Challenges that I am using this card for are:

Pile it on: Tie it around it ( use at least 3 ribbons)

Digital Tuesday Use digital image, embossing

Have a great day...hugs, Sandy O


 

No comments: