Saturday, January 31, 2009

Christmas 2009 is coming fast!!

HA HA HA...It sounds so far away right now doesn't it! I know that in January 2008 it was months away, teehehe. THEN..there is was!! Just kind of snuck up on me Just... Like... That! And....I was not ready for it.  I had 6 cards designed with all the paper cut out, sitting in 6 manila envelopes ready to be put together.  Sounds like it should have been no problem.

Than IT happened....Yup!!! The ice storm of the century, LOL, not one had been like it in all of 2000!!! TEEHEHE...We have lived in this house for 18 years...WOW...18 years!!! I just surprised myself, hahaha....and only once did we loose power for more than a couple of hours.  We were out of the house for 5 days, about a decade ago.  December 2008 we were out of the house for 7 days...and just about everyone else I knew was out too.  Were do you go with 3 dogs, especially when practically half the state was in the same situation. 

The Lord was good and kept my daughter and SIL in the light.  Neighborhoods around them were in the dark, but it seemed to have missed them.  PHEW...we did not have to live in the jeep for a week with the 3 dogs.  Her land lord was so very kind to let us stay there, even though he has a strict NO PETS rule! I mean strict...not even a Guinea pig or bird.  A gold fish is OK, but that is it. 

Aaaaaanyway...I was only able to get so much done in preparation for Christmas that week.  Which happened to be the 2nd week of December! When the holidays had past, I still had 3 of my manila envelopes full of cut card stock ready to be made. 

This year I WILL be prepared! For the Christmas card challenge group I joined, I chose to do at least 5 cards a month (Paul has a biiiiiig family!) This month I pulled out one of these envelopes and made 8.  The recipe can be found in the card gallery and as always, you can click on the picture for a better view of the details and bling.

WM Cardinal Christmas

I love this image.  Whenever I see a cardinal in my yard I feel like the Lord is blessing me.  Though there are plenty here in NH, my yard does not seem to be a favorite hang out for them.  We do have a family of them that comes in the warmer weather. The babies are sooooo bright and pretty.  Watching the "parents" train them is so much fun.  But the peeks at them are few.

January is over, and we are one month closer to Christmas already.  SEE....went by fast didn't it! For the month of February, I am going to challenge myself to make one scrap book layout a week. When I first started doing scrap books, I went right to the biggie...12 x 12". When I do something I tend to go all out! {{{sigh}}} when will I learn, teehehe

I have to admit that I have a hard time doing them. Sometimes a 2 page 12 x 12" layout seems over whelming. Sometimes there still isn't enough room for all the embellishments I want to add. Moderation is the key in everything! At 45 you would think I would have that down by now.  NOPE!!! Not me, LOL.

I would love you to join me in this months challenge>>>to make one scrap book layout a week<<< Any size!

I am so glad you stop by and visit me here...but I am getting lonely doing all the talking, LOL.  I love the comments that are left. I love them so much, I WANT more, LOL!!!! So leave me comments, lets get to know each other :o)

Hmmm....one blog I visit has a question of the day.  I love visiting that blog and leaving my answer as well as reading all the other ones.  Hmmmm....I don't want to COPY the idea...well, actually I would love to...but it seems so..you know...unoriginal, LOL.  I'll be putting my thinking cap on and seeing what I can come up with that is ORIGINAL. If you have any ideas, leave it in a comment, teeheheh

See you on Monday :o) Till then...HUGS, Sandy O

No comments: