Saturday, January 24, 2009

Favorites

I must admit that I struggle with keeping accessories to a minimum on cards, scrapbook pages and altered media. I love to accessorize and bling anything. My all time favorite accessory, though, is lace.  I find it difficult to find, so I look for it everywhere I go.  Lots of ribbons to choose from, but not lace! When I do have lace, I plan out my cards specifically for using it.

A few months ago, I attended an Egg Art convention. Of course, there were lots of vendors ready to sell you egg accessories and bling, LOL.  Being a paper crafter, I did not see how to use them on eggs. I did, however, readily see how to apply them to MY crafts. 

Looking and looking at all the new to me items, I quickly spied rolls of LACE!! Not only that, but the rolls were in a clearance section of this particular table...YES!!! I scooped those up really quickly. I promised myself I would look at every thing before deciding to buy anything. No impulse shopping on this trip. RIGHT! LOL. These were impulse all right, but one I do not regret.

After making the Thanksgiving card in yesterdays post, I went right back to making Christmas cards. I have only 15 more to make...YEAH!!!

Also, I had just traded for the Stampin' Up Tree Trimmings set. I have to admit that it was not a set I would have chosen out of the catalog. It really is not my style. I have, however, seen many cards made with the set that I absolutely loved.

Deciding to utilize this set and my treasured lace on my next 5 Christmas cards was easy.  Here is the card I came up with:

3 ornament Christmas card

I also used my favorite paper of all, white diamonds from Paper Temptress. Bling is really not needed with this paper, as it is the bling itself. Just beautiful! I am not sure how well you can see the shimmer in the picture, so you may want to shoot over to Paper Temptress and see. You can even order up to 5 free samples! Patricia is fabulous to deal with.

Here is a close up of my pretty lace and the embossed ornaments from the Tree Trimmings set:

3 ornament Christmas card close up

As always, you can click on any picture to see it in full size. Isn't that ribbon pretty. Sadly, I only have a little left. I am pretty sure I saw some at Joann's last time I was there. It probably will be more money, but since I used the white so much it will be worth it. I still have my whole spool of vanilla, LOL. So my next Christmas card will be designed around that, LOL

Is there an accessory that you love to use. Maybe even design cards around like I did here? Leave a comment and let me know. I would LOVE to hear of the different items that are much loved.

Till next time, hugs

No comments: