Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thank You cards with SU SINGLE STAMPS

Stampin' Up now has a selection of SINGLE stamps. I am both surprised and thrilled about these stamps.  You can see them all tucked away snuggly in the very back of the catalog, on page 208. Basically, you open the back cover and there they are on the left page. How easy to find!!!!!

My favorite is the Elegant Thank You. This just happens to be the one demos were allowed to pre-order, and it is still my favorite! I really do like many of them, but the Thank You is so pretty.

I also found that 7 of the punches can be used to "cut" it out: Scallop Square, Scallop Circle, 1 3/4" Circle, Wide Oval, Tag, 1 3/8" square and Curly Label!  It also fits in the Designer Label Hodgepodge Hardware. This is one versatile stamp.

Here is a card I made to send out to thank folks for their wonderful Christmas gifts. Now I just have to mail them, LOL

WMelegant thankyou  

I love this designer paper Ski Slope, but it was only available in the holiday mini catalog.  {{{Sniff, sniff}}} It need not go to waste though.  Doesn't it look so pretty with the scallop punch! Perhaps they will carry it again in the Fall/Winter 2009 catalog!

I love the look of the scallop circle under it. Popped up with dimensionals really makes it stand out.

The white layer is adhered directly to the blue layer, while the blue layer is adhered to the card base with dimensionals.

You can find the recipes for both of these cards in the photo album. Just click on the link in the right side bar to access it.

The designer paper on this pink card is from the Bella Rose designer paper! Soooooo glad this did not retire.  It is sooooo pretty and I find it one of the easiest papers to use.


As you can see, I also utilized the Faux Eyelet technique.  You can see the post with the tutorial for them HERE.

WM Pink Triple Thank You







Can you tell I LOVE my dimensionals, Teehehehehe!!! My son asked me the other day if I made cards without all the dimension.  I was speechless! WITHOUT DIMENSION!!!! Quickly....grab the soap....this kid is in serious need of some mouth washing!!!! LOL.

NO, really, it was a good question and one I could not answer.  So..... to my collection of cards I went.  Wouldn't you know it...only one card was lacking the use of demensionals....ONE!!! YIKES!!! and he said that he thought it was an ugly card. Hmmmph! I will share this flat ugly card with you tomorrow.

Actually, Patrick is not a kid, he is 21 years old and one of my best critics.  He has a great eye and is not afraid to point out where I could have made it better or where I did a great job.  I actually have learned a lot from him.  I did learn somthing not pertaining to cards, too, that even though he has worked at a nursery for 3 or 4 summers now, he is not a fan of flowers (the ugly card has a flower, LOL)

Even though he did not like the one "flat" card I made, he did suggest that he felt simpler cards would sell better, if that is what I decide to do.  I have to admit, simple or one layer cards are a big challenge for me.  So for the rest of the month that is my goal, make simple one or two layer cards!

Till tomorrow....Hugs, Sandy O

No comments: