Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Quick post and another challenge

This will be a quick post today. My daughter is in labor with her first child and our first grandchild (8cm as of 2 hours ago). Yes...I am so excited I want to tell the whole world, LOL. Thank you for being here for me to share my excitement!!! 

One Stop Craft Challenge has a current challenge to "recycle". In other words, use something that thas already been used.  

Crafty Creations also has a current challenge "anything goes" How fun is that!

Here is what I did:

Corigated frame ingredientsI took some corrugated shipping material that I had saved along with a 2009 wildlife calendar and a piece of cardboard from a paper pack.

I cut the frame out of 1 piece of the corrugated board . On the cardboard I measures the opening of the corrugated board and made it 1 1/2" larger.

I scored it and cut it diagonally in each corner so that it would wrap around the inside part of the frame.

Corigated frame top layer  
Here you can see better the score marks and the diagonal cuts. The score lines for this board happen to be 1/8" apart.

I chose to used some of Stampin' Up's wood sheets to help the faux wood look, distressing them further with some Tim Holtz distress ink.

After choosing a photo and cutting it to size, I used Aleen's Tacky Glue to adhere all the parts together.

I wanted to make it look older, so I added photo corners. I then took some brads, removed the legs, distressed them and adhered them with glue dots. Here is the finished framed photo.

Corigated frame picture Looking at the photo now, if you decided to make one of these, I would suggest to ink distress the card board also.  It will help the inside (where the score folds) look like it is part of the outside wood. I still have much to learn, LOL

Corigated fram corner






In this close up you can see better the photo corner as well as the distressed brads.

Thank you again for stopping by today to share my excitement and project.

I would love to hear what you think. If you have made a similar project, please leave me a link, I would absolutely love to see it.

Till tomorrow, hugs, Sandy O

No comments: