Friday, January 23, 2009

My "Ugly" Card

If you read my post from yesterday, you will understand the title to this post, LOL.  I mean....really....is it possible for a home made card to be "ugly"????

Well, my son, Patrick, is not partial to flowers, I guess.  It must be a guy thing!

So, as promised, I am sharing my "ugly" card today.

My DH, Paul, had a distant relative pass away not to long ago.  Not having a sympathy card on hand, I had to quickly put one together.  Here is what I came up with:

WMSympathy card front  
Personally, I love layers and bling, but just did not have time for them here. 

I have to also admit that I thought the coloring looked a bit flat, so I pulled out my spring green pearl-ex and gold perfect pearls to add just a little shimmer to the flower.WMSympathy card close up

As always, you can click on the image to get a better look at how this added just the right amount of  bling for such a card.

I am not really sure what color this type of flower is in real life, or even what kind of flower it is! {{{blushing}}} Usually I would look it up on good old Google, but again, no time. I figured yellow was a subtle color.

I like to do a little something on the inside also, so I simply stamped the image with the sentiment inside.  Though it is not really a "water mark" the color is still light enough to write over.WMSympathy card, inside

Sympathy cards are the hardest ones to make. And even harder when you have less than an hour before needing to leave the house. Sooooooo....after Paul left, I quickly made 2 more of these to have on hand. 

I was fairly happy with this card, considering there is none of my favorite things...layers, bling, ribbon....you get it, I know I am not the only paper crafter who thinks...accessorize, LOL Some of us....my hand is raised hight here, teehehehehe, have a hard time not over doing the accessories. 

Good thing I only do that to paper crafts, can you picture a person walking around over accessorized in the fashion department, Hahahaha...I am picturing an older lady with the big, I mean REALLY big earrings made out of flat backed pearls and gemstones taken from the rhinestone brads and the round clear beads hanging off them. An over sized hat with a big bulky satin ribbon bow having been heat embossed with swirls and the rim surrounded with multi layered flowers from the pretties kit, not forgetting to decorate her bow with a round pearl laden hat pin. The bright satin paisley scarf  heat embossed to match the hat, and colored in with liquid glue and dazzling diamond glitter. Over the top make-up with 3 tiny gem just off the side of each eye.  Her shirt made with flowered fabric splashed with the new fleuretts flowers and baby bows spaced perfectly between the print and closed with designer buttons. Her vertically striped skirt with button holes going all the way down the front closed with the new designer hardware. A belt made from the satin ribbon, matching the hat and scarf, with a hodgepodge hardware holder and jumbo brads attached by using the crop-a-dial for the hardware to latch onto. Shoes that shine brightly in the sun from iridescent ice embossing, big multi layer bow tied on top with swirls to match her hat, scarf and belt, with rhinestones all around the bottom.  The pin on her dress over sized, of course, made out of chipboard covered with chunky glitter and a felt fusion flower in the center held on by a jumbo brad and attached to her dress with a 1/2" library clip.  HA HA HA haaaaaha, sure would be a conversation opener for her Stampin' Up business, Teheehehehehe

Do you have a card that you liked but your loved one did not, and actually told you so!?! I surly hope I am not the only one, LOL

The recipe for the card is in the card album, the link to it being in the right side bar.

Thanks for stopping by :o)

Till tomorrow, hugs, Sandy O

No comments: