Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Keeping Track Of Challenges

Now that the Christmas rush is done and we can take a breather, how was yours? I hope it was a blessed time for you and your family!!! We had the most wonderful Christmas visiting relatives. My daughter who was 5 days late for the birth of her first child (and our first grand baby) stayed overdue. This was very much not to her liking, LOL. As of today she is one week late :o( SIGH...no rushing the Lords appointed time! 

How many of you take advantage of the many challenges offered on blogs, forums, stamp stores, etc. on line? I have lately. I find that they are a good starting point to spark creativity. Sometimes I like to design my own project, other times I can used a challenge as a starting point.

Finding the Daily Dare sure was a blessing. Now I have a few that I participate in, and have been having so much fun!

Today I would like to share 2 challenges from the same site, The Sweet Shop Blog which is part of the Sweet 'n Sassy stamp company. They carry the most wonderful unmounted and digital Christian stamps, including verses, as well as some acrylic blocks.

The first challenge was due on Dec. 26th, but was extended a week. Phew..with Christmas just before, I was late. I am guessing I was not the only one, LOL.

This challenge was called "sketch with a spin". We are to make a card with a pocket. I am not sure if my project can be called a card, but I am hoping so {{{wink}}}

Since I have been doing several challenges I needed a way to keep track of them. What site, the challenge and the date due. This project fit the bill perfectly!

Challenge folder front

I used the template from Lauren Meader called "recipe wrap" which is sold by Papertrey Ink. I decorated the front following the challenge sketch.

Challenge folder 6 pockets Challenge folder upclose pockets

 

 

 

 

 

 

It has 6 pockets in which I added the Papertrey Ink Recipe cards. They were slightly to wide, therefore I had to cut 1/4" off. I also decided to tie the bows on the left instead of on the right. I decided that this was easier than having to tie the bow each time I used the folder. Doing so required me to come up with a different way to hold the folder closed. I decided to use one of the Stampin' Up mini library clips. They are sooooooo adorable, LOL

The second challenge was to make a card following a sketch that is VERY similar to the one for the above project.

Bucket bees Bucket bees close up  

 

 

 

 

 

This stamp is from Cornish Heritage farms. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it. If you click on either photo, you will see that the bees are smiling and carrying buckets to collect the pollen, tee he he. Sooo cute. I added alot of shimmer with my glitter gel pen to match the wonderful glimmer of the Paper Temptress  iridescent and white gold paper. I also went over the smiles with a glitter pen which caused them to appear quite large, LOL. They are VERY happy!

Thank you for stopping by. I am excited to share my "recycle" project with you tomorrow, so please stop by :o) Till then, hugs, Sandy O

No comments: