Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Cute laser silver card

Changing bird 

Are you among the stampers who are getting a bit tired of all the bird images that are floating around right now? From cute to so real looking it could be a photograph, there is no shortage of birds among us. I like a lot of the bird images, but there are plenty I could do without! When the Stampin' Up catalog came out last year, I thought I had seen enough circles to keep my head spinning for years to come, LOL So I really can relate to those of you who wold like to be birdless for a while.

I am saddened that SU has retired this set "Serene Spring". The image is cute, yet not cartoony, know what I mean? I adore coloring it, how could I not? It has both a bird and butterfly! If they had added a dragonfly, I don't know what I would have done. Perhaps have a brass replica made of it, LOL.

When I decided to try my hand at stamping on the laser silver luster card stock from yesterdays post, this is the image I wanted to use.

It stamped beautifully. The ink must be heat set, but after that you should have no smudging, as long as you are using a permanent ink such as staz-on. Coloring is a blast since the paper loves ink.  I really mean that it loves it, kind of like loving water after running around the block on a hot summer day. It just gulps it up! Therefore, if blending is you favorite part of coloring, you may not be thrilled with this particular property.

I wanted to show you pictures of the card from some different angles so you can see how the images appears slightly different each time.  To get a good look at it, you may need to click on the photos for a larger picture:

Changing bird tileted left  

In this photo, being tilted toward the left, the sentiment appears to be forward of the image. The flowers seem to be between the sentiment and the flower pot, while the bird appears forward of the butterfly but behind the flowers. Did you get all that, LOL

 Changing bird tileted right

Tilt it toward the right and the image appears to be set far to the back while the sentiment stands forward boldly.

Changing bird looking down

Tilting the bottom back and looking down gives a slight impression of being water colored.

Changing bird sentiment close up   

Close up you can see the color variations from adding one layer of blue to adding 2-3 layers. The ink does not spread, it is an additional layer of color. When the sentiment was stamped over the image, it did not blend with the other inks but actually became another layer. Gee, I hope that just made sense, LOL.

Isn't that neat! I am so looking forward to making more projects with this paper. It also comes in red, black and gold.

So what do you think of this paper? I just received an order with more of the silver, some black and some gold.  How FUN! I will be sure to share the projects as I play, lol.

Have a super day, HUGS, Sandy O

1 comment:

babar said...

sparrow and butterfly gives the best image of nature along with flowers.
PVC cards
plastic discount card