Monday, March 30, 2009

???Title???

Question.....did you ever have one of those days where your creativity has just fizzled? I am having one of those days! After taking a few days off, some due to a really mean little bug that creates the worst headache. Then a couple of days to clean up the house.

Finally, I sit down to post my latest project and .....title???????hmmmmmm, title?????? hmmmmm....UGGGG I can't think of a title {{{sniff}}} So...no title today, LOL

That is OK though, I still have a wonderful project to show you {{{GREAT BIG SMILEY GOES HERE}}}

Notecard holder outside   

This is a stationary holder I made using the Timeless Template called All Boxed Up created my Lauren Meader and is available through Papertrey Ink.

I used the White Gold cardstock from Paper Temptress. Stamping randomly using the flower stamp from the retired Stampin' Up set "God's Beauty" created a light famine pattern on the paper. I set it aside until the ink completely dried.  I did use my heat gun, but there were still spots where the ink was a bit wet.  Then I colored the the flowers in with my Copic markers.

Notecard holder close up1   

In this close up you can see how pretty the White Gold paper is.  Also, how beautifully the shimmer comes right through the ink. No embellishment was needed. I did think about adding some faux flowers, but decided against it for 2 reasons.  The first is the chance they may fall off some day due to being handled so many times.  The second is that I could not find a flower pretty enough to go on the paper.  If you click on the photo you will get a better look at what I am trying to covey.

Notecard holder full inside   

For the inside pockets I chose to use the Iridescent cardstock in Plasma Blue.  I finished off the box with some paper lace I made using my lace punch and some gorgeous ribbon I purchased at a local scrapbook store.

Notecard holder inside 

Using the same ribbon, I created a clasp with some small magnets I found on Amazon.  They are the same as the Basic Grey 1/16" magnetic snaps, the difference being the price.  The Basic Grey 1/4 x 1/16" package of 20 runs between $5-6.00, which is .25-.30 per magnet. The Magcraft magnets 1/4 x 1/16"  tube of 100 is $8.99, which is only .09 per magnet AND with free shipping if your total purchase is $25 or more.  That is a huge price difference! I have tried both and I actually believe the Magcraft magnets a stronger. The down side is that the Magcraft magnets do not have a self adhesive side. This is easily remedied with any 2 sided tape or a glue dot.

I will be making the stationary to put in this folder shortly. When I do, I will be sure to post it for you to see.

TOMORROW, I have some very exciting things to share with you. A couple of things that are exciting to me that I want to share with you. AND...a couple of things that will be exciting to you that I want to tell you about.

See you then! Hugs, Sandy O

No comments: