Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Short post but BEAUTIFUL invitation

I need to keep this rather short today. So lots of pictures and less talking, LOL.

I want to thank everyone who answered my question yesterday. It really made my day to read the different opinions. You readers are so great and I love hearing from you.

Today, I am going to show some pictures of a BEAUTIFUL invitation I made.  I saw this paper and it looked like it was made for creating a 25th Silver Anniversary Invitation.

25 anniversary

Isn't that just so elegant. This paper, called Laser Silver Luster by Paper Temptress, matches perfectly with the Stampin' Up Silver Ribbon Slide and Whisper White Organza Ribbon.

25 anniversary paper close up


You can see in this photo how the paper shimmers, which is why it goes so well with the classy ribbon and sliver embossed numbers.

I made this a tri-fold card. There is a pocket in the back which holds the RSVP.


Here are some photos that show the card details:

25 anniversary left open

Here the top layer is open. The heart is adhered using dimensionals so that it fits through the window of the top layer.

25 anniversary center   

This is the inside. I printed the information from my computer onto the heavy weight Bristol Vellum, also from Paper Temptress. After heat setting the ink, I was able to quickly cut it just smaller than the back panel. I used the Martha Stewart lace border punch for the the embossed paper around it.  These not only serve as decorative edges, but is what I used to adhere the vellum onto the card stock.

25 anniversary pocket  

Here is a peek at the pocket in the back. The ribbon is what you pull to remove the RSVP and envelope.

25 anniversary pocket RSVP 

I was able to print the RSVP on the back side of the Silver Luster paper, since it is smooth on the reverse side.  I thought it gave the RSVP a classy touch. The ribbon, RSVP and envelope are attached with a heart shaped clip.

Now, the invitation is for a mock party, LOL. I did joke with my kids that they were holding this party in September for our 25th anniversary.  Surprisingly, they actually wanted to do it.  I did tell them that I was just joshing and would want to wait for when Patrick returns from Iraq, if Peter has not been deployed by then.  I said we would have a party then, LOL. (Patrick is leaving May 1st for his pre-deployment training).

I must admit, this paper is absolutely one of the most beautiful ones I have ever seen. It actually reminds me of some books when I was little. On the front cover there were pictures made with a kind of plastic beady paper that made the image change when it was held in different directions or angles. I probably just dated myself, LOL, but those photos fascinated me.  I spent far to much time trying to figure out how it worked. This paper, though, is NOT plastic and beady, LOL. It is smooth to the touch and pleasant to work with.

Well...wait until I show you what this paper does when you put ink to it. I have the cutest card to show you tomorrow made from this elegant paper.  It really is a cute and fun card.

As always, you can click on the photos to see them larger. You can also find the card with the recipe in the Card album above.  For some reason it did not load to the top, so you just have to scroll down a tiny bit to find it :O)

Till then, have a super night! Hugs, Sandy O

No comments: