Monday, March 23, 2009

Playing With My New Toys!

I finally jumped onto the bandwagon and purchased some Copics! I was pretty happy with my Prisma markers, but they did not blend the way I wanted them to.  They also do not have a brush tip. I found a really good deal on eBay and took it.

After my first...YEAH they're in...rip open package and color....I realized that they are not magic "you can now color like a professional" markers.  There is defiantly a learning curve to them.  So where did I go...that's right...Google! HA!

I found a really great Copic tutorial blog called I like Makers , did a little reading and tried again, LOL. This time it was a bit better.  I am glad I like to learn new things, since there appears to be a lot that can be learned about coloring.  So funny, when I realized that a picture looked better with black outlines right about the time I started school, I thought I had arrived! I knew everything there was to know about coloring, and I was only 5 or 6!

How silly of me!!! So here is my first "Copic" card.

Dogwood 

Dogwoods are my favorite tree. Our side yard is boarded with red twigged dogwoods bushes. There are about 20 of them.  Those have the tiny cluster flowers similar to the image on the square layer.  After they bloom the flowers turn to berries. Birds seem to come from near and far to feast on them.  How fun!!! On the corner we have a variegated dogwood tree. This has the larger flowers that are on the oval layer.  Soooo very pretty!

When Stampin' Up's 2009 Occasions Mini was posted on the demo site, and I saw "Soft Summer", I knew it would most defiantly be in my preorder. The sentiment is from the "Oval All" set that is also in the occasions mini along with the new scallop oval punch!!!

Dogwood close up 

Look at that paper!!! It is my new favorite from Paper Temptress called Canvas Luster. Look at how the shimmer seems to blend into the ink, making the flowers shimmer beautifully! The texture is so yummy! I heat embossed my image with clear embossing powder and the heat did not effect the paper one tiny bit.  I personally find embossing with a clear powder to be the best way for "ME" not to smudge ink.  My impatience seems to get the best of me, even when I am certain I waited for the image to dry, LOL

Dogwood sentimentIsn't this adorable. I really like how the large oval punch fits perfectly with the new scallop oval.  They match the Nestie die cuts perfectly.

For the inside I kept it simple.Dogwood inside

Look at the sentiment stamped onto the Canvas Luster paper. The shimmer makes it look like a mirror! I found that to be quite interesting when I saw the photo. 

The recipe is in the card album.  

Not to bad for my first Copic card, LOL.  Looking at it now, I really think I should have added a little bit of sky behind the flowers on the oval layer, rather than just a little shading. next time, LOL

Have a great night, Hugs, Sandy O

No comments: