Monday, March 2, 2009

Shy Duck

Shy duck

 

I have to say that when I first saw this "Shy Duck" from Dog Gone Stamps, this is the card that came to my mind. He was super fun to color. I was able to combine some Paper Gray paper that I had purchased forever ago with the SU ribbon in the SAB mini. I loved this ribbon so much, I ordered 2 bundles and found them sitting unopened. Using it was a fantastic way to bring out the "yellow" from the ducks photos and still keep the soft look of the card.

For some reason, the sentiment took me twice as long as the rest of the card! It just would not come out the way I wanted it to.  Sheesh...you would think that this would have been the fast and easy part, LOL.

Here is the inside, which I kept fairly simple since the outside is quite busy:

Shy duck inside

Sometimes I am just dumb founded as to why the camera picks up colors differently. I took these photos, one after the other. I seriously doubt the lighting changed that much in the 30 seconds it took me to open the card, LOL

I am slowly learning how to used my Photo Shop Elements 6.0 software. I attempted to fix the coloring and I must say, it sure does look better than it did!!!

If you click on the photo, you can see the sentiment better.  It says:

"You make my LIFE a beautiful thing"

Awww...so sweet. Shy guys say the sweetest things!

No comments: