Thursday, April 8, 2010

2 In 1 Digital Stamping

As you know, I have been blessed with being chosen for the Sew Many Cards new design team. I am fairly picky about which design teams I apply for. I keep to ones that I love already. I like to leave links so my readers can find what I love and want to share. I loved So Many Cards and Love to share them with you.

Today I have a card I made combining 2 of their images. You can read about combining digital images in my posts here and here.

I combined the new image Watering Can hearts and Heart Flower. You can find them at the Sew Many Cards store here.

Heart watering can side view It is like these images were made for one another, maybe they were, LOL. Here are some more images for you.

Heat watering can flower CU Heart watering can CU I must admit that the watering can intimidated me a bit. Gray and white are the hardest images to color for me. Once I got going though, it really was not that bad. A great place to learn about how to use Copic markers is I Like Markers. There is also a fun challenge site that has a few tutorials with every challenge called Copic Creations.

Heart watering canHeart watering can InsideTo get the front of the card shaped this way, I simply traced the nestability die and cut it out. The bottom layer I overlapped a bit so it would be attached to the back of the card.

EDITED to add: OOPPS! I forgot to put down what copics I used as I promised to try to do:

C1 C3 C5

Boo B05 B12

G000 G02 G07

Roo R11 R20 R29

It is a lovely day here in NH again today, but the clouds are threatening to rain a bit. YEAH for the flowers getting ready to bloom. Don't you just love this time of year when everything comes back to life! I walked by my weeping cherry tree and there were so many bees in it that it sounded like a nest. The chipmunks, squirrels and birds are scurrying about on the lawn. The butterflies and dragonflies will be fluttering about soon. The birds singing most of the day. Life is good.

Have a wonderful day...hugs, Sandy O Comments from before moving to blogger

Great card Sandy...I'll have to try thinking more outside the box and combine images. Posted by: Cheri April 16, 2010 at 11:19 PM This is so adorable!!! Posted by: Marlene April 09, 2010 at 09:14 AM This is AWESOME! I know what you mean about combining images ... some are just made for each other! Beautiful job Sandy! Your coloring is amazing!! Posted by: Darlene (akronstamperdpk) April 08, 2010 at 06:34 PM This is awesome Sandy! I love how you combined both images! And you're right they were made for each other! I think you done a great job with coloring the watering can, can't tell you were intimidated at all!!! Posted by: ~Jeri M~ April 08, 2010 at 03:26 PM

No comments: