Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Shaped Card and Lots of Flowers

I have 2 projects to share with you today. Yesterday I said I would post a project using one of the Some Odd Girl stamp. I chose to use the digital stamp from the Mae line.

SOG cute girl CUOh My, isn't she adorable. I had such fun coloring her. For some reason she reminds me of my sons girlfriend, LOL, and she is just as sweet as this image is.

SOG cute girl inside tilted right

SOG cute girl CU tilted right

I don't usually use bright colors, but this image would not have been the same in pastel or earth tones. I don't know if you can see it in the photos (you can always click on them to see a larger version) but there is a lot of glitter on the paper I chose. How about THAT, bling with no work, LOL

SOG cute girl reedittedI think she is really sweet, so I entered her in this weeks Pile it on challenge~~~Make is sweet

I also entered this card in the following challenges:

Diedrich Dare (Whimsical Wednesday)~~~Spring

Dive Coffee Break~~~Color challenge~~~Tempting Turquoise, Pink Passion, Dusty Durango

One Stitch at a Time~~~Flowers

My next card uses the really cute image from Sew Many Cards called Halen With Hat. She can be purchased with Pack #6. There are 8 packs to choose from and they all have some really nice images that are no longer available to purchase individually. Remember, the packs are only $5.00 currently, with the normal price being $25! Talk about a great deal. Halen with Hat is still available to purchase individually for only $1.75

SMC Halen with hat CUIsn't she adorable. I added some liquid pearls to her necklace to give them some dimension. I also put a rhinestone on her bow, LOL

SMC Halen with hat tilted left SMC Halen with hat open

The dress pattern is from The Cutting Cafe'. Since the front is rather heavy, I applied some crystal effects along the inside of the fold and let it dry. Now it has a nice strong fold so it shouldn't rip. The inside sentiment says "It takes courage to grow up to become who you really are". As she is playing dress up with the big girl clothes, I am sure she is wondering when she will be big enough to wear the lovely hats and dresses. That is why I put her on a dress pattern, to represent what she is daydreaming about.

Halen with hat card inside Recipe:

Paper~~~Paper Temptress

Stamps~~~Halen with Hat by Sew Many Stamps, Hope Happens by Stampin' Up

Ink~~~Lovely Lilac

Accessories~~~Dress template from The Cutting Cafe', nestblilities, big shot, oval punch, glue stick,lace, self adhesive pearls, rhinestone flowers, liquid pearls, misc. charm, crystal effects,copic markers

Copics used~~~C 1, 3, 5 ~ BV 04,17, 29, 31 ~ R 00, 11, 32, 59 ~ BG 93 ~ B 24 ~ 100 ~ blender pen

Challenges I entered this card into

Aly's Sunday challenges~~~Animals

One stitch at a time~~~Flowers

Bildmaira Blog~~~Shaped Card

Something Completely Different Challenge~~~ The letter "H"

Corrosive Challenge~~~charm it

Magical Crafts~~~Something for the girls

OH, and don't forget the "follow me" blog candy which you can read about at the top of the page

Hugs, Sandy O

Comments from before moving to Blogger

Beautiful cards!!! Very spring and perfect for upcoming Mother's Day!! Great job!! Thank you for joining us at the Dare!! Posted by: Kris May 03, 2010 at 01:35 PM This is really cute and fun; love it! Thanks for playing along with us at the Corrosive Challenge Blog! Posted by: Angela P. May 01, 2010 at 04:08 PM Beautiful creations, lovely detail, Thanks for joining us over at OSAAT, hope to see you again soon Good LuckSarah xx Posted by: Sarah April 29, 2010 at 06:31 PM Your cards and projects are AWESOME Sandy!! You do a fabulous job. Posted by: Peggy April 29, 2010 at 10:00 AM I love your cards! The girl in the first one is VERY sweet...super cute image and great coloring and papers too! The second card is fantastic...what an awesome shaped card! I like the sentiment on the inside...I'm going to have to remember that.I came by to thank you for the very nice comment on my altered journal and to answer your question...yes I did give it to my daughter and she was thrilled. She really does love that image and I knew she would like the colors. She likes to keep journals/diaries so I know it will be used...which is good so it doesn't end up ON THE PILE! :) Posted by: Lori April 29, 2010 at 08:13 AM these are just gorjus projects,love the dress card its awesome many thanks for joining us at OSAAT hope to see you again love hugs cheryl xxx Posted by: cheryl April 29, 2010 at 07:24 AM Both cards are fab hun. Thanks for playing along with us here at OSAAT and good luck in the other challenges too.Sam x Posted by: Sam April 29, 2010 at 04:37 AM Awesome projects Sandy!! I love the Halen card. You're always so creative!!! Fab job! Posted by: ~Jeri M~ April 28, 2010 at 10:23 PM What a cute little card. Thanks for playing at Aly's. Posted by: Tami April 28, 2010 at 06:40 PM Oh I love how 'Springy' your card is! Adorable, love the bright cheery colours! Thanks for taking the Dare this week! Posted by: Krista April 28, 2010 at 05:54 PM These are delightful. I love the dress card.Great images on both. Thanks for joining in our challenge this week at OSAAT.Smiles...Tammy Posted by: Tammy April 28, 2010 at 05:37 PM Great coloring and paper choice on the first card. The dress-shaped card is beyond words! It is oh so very pretty. Posted by: lisa808 April 28, 2010 at 04:37 PM

No comments: