Sunday, April 18, 2010

Rubber Stamped Iris

My rubber has started to get a bit dusty lately. I really love the many tricks and techniques I can do with digital stamps, I have been missing my rubber. So, I decided last week to dust them off and pull them out. OH...how I missed the smell of the rubber, wood and ink!

IrisThis is a retired stamp from Stampin' Up called "Just for you series...kindness is". I was not sure exactly how to color it though. All I knew was that they were sometimes purple. Hmmmm...not really much help, so I turned to good old Google. There were loads of photos, so I chose some closest to the image and printed them out. Now I will always have those as a reference when using the beautiful stamp.

Iris inside Here is the inside of the card. The Bible verse Isaiah 61:11 seemed to fit the image perfectly. Since it is rather long, I stamped it to the left. I then stamped the Iris image in bashful blue after stamping it off once.

It still seemed a bit darker than the watermark I wanted it to be. After stamping the Thinking of You sentiment I found that it was just right for writing over.

Goes to show that a first impression is not always the best one!

I am using this card for the current Copic Creations Challenge. You can find the current challenge here, which is to color flowers.

It is a lovely day here in NH, warm with a gentle breeze keeping it from being hot, with the most beautiful blue sky. A day that makes staying in the house just wrong, LOL. I hope you weather is just as perfect today. Hugs, Sandy O

Comments from before moving to blogger

oh my...this is sure stunning! glad u joined us at Copic Creations! Posted by: jane w. April 13, 2010 at 11:08 PM This is absolutely gorgeous ... inside & out!! Your coloring is perfect! It's fun to go back to the rubber stamps after so many digis isn't it! I try to bounce back & forth ... but then I have those beautiful 3d images that I haven't touched in months either ... just not enough play time now that the weather has improved!! Great job! Posted by: Darlene (akronstamperdpk) April 08, 2010 at 06:37 PM Very pretty card. Purple Bearded Irises are my favorite. Posted by: lisa808 April 08, 2010 at 02:42 PM

No comments: