Tuesday, April 27, 2010

TV Guide or Magazine Holder

DTC blinkieHello everyone, it is time for another Digital Tuesday Challenge. This week our challenge is brought to us by Lora. Her challenge: ANYTHING BUT A CARD.

I am so excited to tell you that our sponsor for this week is

Some Odd Girl.

SOME ODD GIRL WOW, does she have some really sweet images. Her take on how cute food can be is just one example. She has the most adorable teen images named Kaylee, Mae and Kody and much more. You will be so glad that you checked out her store!

She also has generously donated a free stamp for the design team to use this week. Sadly, I forgot to use it!!! Why...You can read about at the bottom of the post. Another thing you will surely to be glad you know about! I will have to decided which image to use first. Though cute is not my usually style, I have been using them a lot lately. When I looked for which imagee I wanted for free, I could not decide on just one. So I bought 3 more, LOL

For my "anything but a card" I thought long and hard. Then...I came across this wonderful image and a great cause. Instantly I knew what I was going to make and make it with part of my stash I have had for over a year! YUP...I have stuff that old, LOL. How about you??? Do you have items you were sure you NEEDED, then did not remember what project you saw that required it? And...now it is still sitting in your stash. This challenge is the perfect time to use them.

My husband is always leaving several magazines on his living room side table. They even over flow onto the floor some times. And...when I want the TV Guide, I need to search for it, LOL What he needs near his table is a TV Guide/Magazine holder by his chair. So that is what I made using one of those really large clothes pins.

TV Guide holderI must say that I am not sure how I like it. Actually, just part of it would I like to redo, the background behind the image. using the ultra strong Scor-tape, there is no way it is going to come off though.

See that most adorable stamp of our husband! I printed out 5 images, colored, cut and adhered together for a really nice dimensional look.

TV Guide holder tilted leftI must have been tired that day I made this. I forgot another thing. Usually I go around the edges of my cut layers with my black copic marker, but forgot this time. It really makes a difference, especially in the photos. In real life it is hard to tell unless you look hard.

Make sure to read the bottom of the post for more info on this image.

TV Guide holder charmI wanted to use a charm on it for one of the challenges I wanted to do, so I checked out my stash and look what I found! Bwaaaa ha ha ha...I thought this would have a new meaning with the image. Even my husband who seldom laughs but does give a small chuckle every now and then, laughed about it. So I guess it is as funny as I thought it would be.

Onto why I used this image. While checking out last weeks entries and leaving comments, I ran across a post about this image. Here is what she says about it on her blog Crafty Emma:

"You may or may not be aware that my Dad died last September following an accident at work...in his memory my family & I are raising funds for the Yorkshire Air Ambulance charity. Whilst chatting to Paula from Pollycraft about the fund raising she did the most amazing thing and offered to draw a special edition digi for me in Dads memory. I gave Paula a brief on my Dad and here is...''Ronnie Relaxing''

Ronnie_relaxing_img_m He is not only adorable but funny too. The perfect image for making a paper tole card.

This is how you can get one yourself:

*** To get your image please click the ''Just Giving'' widget on the top right side of my sidebar...use my page to pay the £1.50 with credit/debit card or Paypal, drop me an email to woodemma9@aol.com and your image will be mailed to you asap.

This comes to about 3 USD, the average price of a digital stamp. It is a win/win situation.

I hope you stop by tomorrow for my Some Odd Girl project!

AND!!! Don't forget to become a follower. I am offering some blog candy which you can read about here.

Challenges:

Tellen's Place: Ink distressing

Crafty Creations: distressing

For Fun Challenges: anything but a card

Corrosive Challenge: Use a charm

52 Card Pick Up: A time and place

Stamp Challenges: Use a charm

AI Factory: Anything but a card

Hugs, Sandy O

Comments from before moving to blogger

Wow such a fantastic creation, I love the 3D effect and adorable details.Thank you so much for your support and donation, good luck with the challenge.Hugs Emma x Posted by: Crafty Emma May 02, 2010 at 05:33 AM This is wonderfull Sandy!xxx Anne-Marije Posted by: Anne-Marije April 29, 2010 at 08:09 AM Sandy, absolutely gorgeous!! Posted by: wendy colledge April 28, 2010 at 08:56 AM So sorry about your Dad. The image is a great tribute and so perfect for the magazine holder. Now, you just have to get your husband to use it! Posted by: lisa808 April 27, 2010 at 05:58 PM Sandy, this is so adorable!!! I really like this image and your mag holder was a brilliant idea!!Blessings, Maria Posted by: Maria Matter April 27, 2010 at 02:23 PM cute image and love your coloring!!! Posted by: ~michelle~ April 27, 2010 at 09:07 AM Oh Sandy this is such a fantastic idea! The image is just adorable. Love the 3D effects.So sorry about the loss of your dad last year. The image pollycraft is offering is so cute, I am going to have to get it. Posted by: Ellie April 27, 2010 at 08:11 AM

No comments: