Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Apple Blossom Card With Bookmark

Have you ever had a card or project that you were certain would be simple and it ended up being...well....grrrr? That is this card for me. I started it on Saturday, my day to take it slow and enjoy playing since Paul went out target shooting. For some reason I had the hardest time matching up paper to go with the image. I suppose if I had colored it myself, I would have chosen colors that would be easier to match with my current stock. This image, though, was one printed from the Crafts U Print site.

Apple blossom card right tilt The brown shimmer paper is from the Paper Temptress Metallic line and is called copper (but it looks brown to me, LOL)

You can see the wonderful shimmery/glittery look of the paper in the photo below.

See the layer below it with all the swirls. I love this paper. Paper Temptress sells this in white. The best thing about white is you only need that one color. This paper takes ink so well, you can create any color or pattern on it you would like.

Apple blossom corner CU I actually used this very metallic paper for my daughters wedding invitations over 2 years ago. I had to drive 1 1/2 hours away to find it. Boy was I glad when I found the Paper Temptress. I can get the paper I love and not leave the house, LOL

Apple blossom bookmark Here are some details about this card.

I printed 2 sheets, cut out both bookmarks and adhered them back to back. I covered the edges with a Krylon copper marker and then laminated it.

The cord was originally silver, so ran the copper marker over it and let it dry for a couple of minutes. The cord was used to attach the charm and tied through the hole along with the ribbon.

Apple blossom card charm

The charm was actually pewter. To make it match the card, I used my copper marker. These markers cover so well and dry almost instantly. I had 2 of these charms so I was able to add one to the card front and one to the bookmark. It reads "There are always flowers for those who want to see them".

Apple blossom CU The apple blossoms are paper tole. The image prints with 3 layers. I wanted to make a fourth layer for the part of the petals that were curled up. Using the extra sheet, I cut the shaded sections and adhered with dimentionals (as I did the rest of the image)

Apple blossom inside with bookmark

To have a place to put the bookmark, I did not add adhesive to the upper right corner of the middle inside layer. The bookmark slides right in leaving the ribbon out or tucked in if preferred. The charm can be left dangling either way. I added the sentiment to the back of the card front leaving plenty of room for a personal message.

Apple blossom with bookmark

As a bonus for all the hard work, ha ha ha, Splitcoast Stampers Monday Try A New Technique Challenge (TLC268) is to make a bookmark card!

I have some really exciting news to share with you tomorrow. I can hardly wait! See you then :o)

Hugs, Sandy O

Comments from before moving to blogger

Fantastic!!! I'm following now too, I THINK. Posted by: Marlene April 14, 2010 at 03:44 PM WOW ... this may have given you some trouble ... but they sure did turn out beautiful!! Awesome job!!NEWS???? You tease!! Can't wait to hear!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I'm in love with the bookmark.