Friday, April 9, 2010

Flowers, Paper Stitching and Rubber Stamping

I think that I may be sick. I just don't feel like crafting today! Do you ever have those days? Once I get started I know I will be totally engulfed in it, like always. It is the getting started part.

A couple of weeks ago I order some of those Prima mini roses. They are so pretty and just the right size for paper crafts. It was not an easy task finding them. Most of the sites I checked were all sold out. Now I wish I ordered more!

Gold ivory heart tinlted_edited-1 For this card, the roses were the beginning point of the design and the rest of the card just created itself around them.

Gold ivory heart flowers

To help the roses match the gold paper layers, I dotted my Prisma gold marker on them. I did try glimmer mist, but they just fell apart.

Gold ivory heart medallion

To make this stitched medallion, I used gold stitched medallion dazzles by Paper Wishes. For the stitching I used gold thread that you can find in the sewing section of your big box craft store along with the DMC floss.

Adding the bead not only made it a bit prettier, but it helped add more dimension to go with the "height" of the flowers.

Gold ivory heartGold ivory heart inside white For the sentiment, I used another rubber stamp. This is from the Well Scripted set that Stampin' Up has in their current Occasions Mini Catalog.

This card is perfect for this weeks Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge, which is to use the word LOVE, based on the well known scripture verse John 3:16,

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." KJV
Hugs, Sandy O

Comments from before moving to blogger

Hi Sandy - love your card - those roses are adorable and perfect on your scalloped heart! I love your sentiment and the heart embellishment! We love having you join us with this weeks Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge - we would love to see you again next week!Linda SSCC Design Team Posted by: Lovely Linda April 11, 2010 at 04:22 AM Lovely job! I had to get some of those mini roses as well, they're fun to use! Pretty job decorating the heart. Thanks for participating with us in the SSIC challenge this week. Posted by: peggysue April 10, 2010 at 09:51 PM You have a made a beautiful card and I love all the layers. Thanks for sharing your art with us at SSCC.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Such detail and elegance.