Monday, April 12, 2010

Shimmering Butterfly Book Card

Not to long ago, I found the fun site Crafts U Prints. There are all kinds of templates you can purchase including paper pricking, iris folding and tea bag folding patterns. Not only that, but they have loads of tutorials too.

The card I made today is from the Butterfly Mum Book Kit. It is not really a book, but a card that looks like a book.

White gold butterfly book bottom up CUI printed it out onto the white diamond text weight paper from Paper Temptress to give the complete card a really pretty shimmer. If you click on the above photo, you will see a lot of the shimmer toward the right side. Here is another photo showing the beautiful paper:

White gold butterfly book right butterflies CU tilted I so much wish you could see this card in real life. The shimmer comes right through the ink!

You can actually order up to 6 samples of paper from Paper Temptress here. Make sure to ask for a sample of the white diamond! Especially since there is not photo available on here site. There is simply to much shimmer to get a good picture without the light washing it out!

Here are some more photos for you to see how well this paper prints up and the beauty of it.

White gold butterfly book tilted top left

White gold butterfly book laying tilted

The backing of the book layer is not actually a full card.

I adhered the book onto some White Diamond cardstock so the complete card is 6 1/2 x 4 1/2".

I then made a card 2 1/8 x 2 3/4", decorated it and attached it to the back.

White gold butterfly book card closed

White gold butterfly book card open

There is just enough room for a personal note.

With the sentiment on the front, which says, "there are no little things", this card can be used for virtually any reason. As long as it is for a female that is, LOL

Not only does this little note give the card a unique touch, it is also perfectly sized and centered to be used as a stand to hold the card up.

White gold butterfly book Well, my grandson is finally awake. Perfect timing for me to finish showing you this stunning card and for his next bottle. He really is so fantastic about his routine for a 3 month old, I could literally set my clock by him :o)

I hope you have a super day! See you tomorrow!!!

Hugs, Sandy O

Comments from before moving to blogger

Stunning is the word! Thanks for the resource...I will be checking it out! Posted by: Lori April 14, 2010 at 11:52 AM awww...sooo cute..love those butterflies.. Posted by: Mirjarr April 14, 2010 at 07:21 AM Hey Sandy I am getting to work with you twice now this is awesome news your work is stunning I can't find a follower list or I would become one. I just adore your creations including this one it is amazing. HugsLorraine x Posted by: Lorraine April 13, 2010 at 03:09 AM Gorgeous card!!! Posted by: lisa808 April 12, 2010 at 05:14 PM Oh my gosh Sandy ... this is stunning!! I will definitely be checking out this website!! I just can't say enough about how pretty this creation is!! WOW!! Posted by: Darlene (akronstamperdpk) April 12, 2010 at 04:03 PM

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I really like the butterflies that pop out.