Friday, April 16, 2010

Sew Many Cards Challenge #11

I am so very excited to be making my very first post as a Sew Many Cards Design Team Member. It promises to be a truly enjoyable 3 months ahead.

SMC Blog BannerSMC Blog Banner

SMC_SKETCH_CHALLENGE__11

This weeks challenge is:
sketch with a Mother's Day theme
Hershey deciding front tilt DTC
As a Mother who had 3 kids in 3 years, who are now 25, 24 and 23, there were times that I was definitely overwhelmed. Ever been there? So much to do in one day. Clean the house and go shopping then what to make for dinner. Most of the time is was fine, but once in a while it all just swam in my head leaving me a bit frazzled.

I so much wanted to use the Hershey Value Pack, therefore I decided to go the non-conventional route. Here is my "Hershey Deciding" card.

Poor Hershey, she looks so overwhelmed today. What should she do first? Clean the house or go shopping? How is she going to make the bones for dinner? Poor Hershey!

Hershey deciding hershey CU Hershey deciding top CU

Aren't these images just too cute. You can click on any of these photos to get a better look at them.

Hershey deciding Hershey deciding inside

I left the inside blank for writing a personal note. I know personal notes from my kids mean so much more to me than pre-printed sentiments. That made leaving the inside blank perfect for such a card. I was thinking of writing something along the line of "for all you did...." if I give it to my mother, who loves dogs. Or "for all you do..." if I give it to my daughter who is a brand new mom.

Recipe:

Stamps: Hershey Value Pack

Paper: Paper Temptress

Ink: Ink jet. Bashful Blue

Accessories: Big shot, cuttle bug folder, buttons, ribbon, dimensionals, stipple brush, embroidery thread, sewing needle, Copic markers

Copic Colors:

E 08, 11, 29, 33, 37, 57, 95

C 01, 03, 05, 07

B 01, 02, 05

R 02, 05, 17

Y 08, 38

G 05

V 15

This weeks sponsor for the Sew Many Cards Challenge is Sunshine's Stamps. You have just got to see these stamps. What an adorable and fun spin they put on images of things we see everyday. Just click on the link and scroll down. If you are not smiling when you get there, you are sure to have one once you see these digital stamps.

To win 3 of these fun images all you need to do is enter the challenge. You don't have any Sew Many Card Images yet??? REALLY?!?! Well, no problem. Stop by the Sew Many Cards Blog HERE and pick up this Friday Freebie.

Heart_Present_FF_4-16 I hope you join the challenge. I am SEW much looking forward to seeing all your creations!

Hugs, Sandy O

Comments from before moving to blogger

I am taken a back by your card- what a precious, beautiful card! I love your buttons and how you used the ribbon, so unique. Everything about this card is PERFECT! Thanks for being a part of the SMC team,AngelaSewManyCards Posted by: Angela April 18, 2010 at 04:40 PM I love your card. You really did a wonderful job on Hershey. Posted by: Peggy April 17, 2010 at 08:06 PM Aaaaw, that is so cute. Your coloring is beautiful and those pearls are fabulous. Posted by: Anita April 17, 2010 at 07:14 PM What a wonderful card Sandy!!! I love how you tell a story in your posts, really helps explain how you come up with your projects!! It's always a treat to come to your page!!! Love the coloring, detail and feel of this card! Great interpretation of the sketch!!! We're SEW glad to have you part of the SMC DT!! Posted by: ~Jeri M~ April 17, 2010 at 05:40 PM I love the fun feel of this card! fabulous! Tell your son Patrick Happy Birthday. I agree with your grandma about the hyper thing...lol. My Patrick is all energy all the time!! Posted by: Regina Jones April 17, 2010 at 07:57 AM

No comments: