Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Paper Peircing and Paper Tole

I love watching my grandson Camden. It does, though, make it a little more difficult to write a post. Looks like I will have to get better at make shorter ones, LOL

Today, I would like to show you a really pretty butterfly card I made using the paper piercing and paper tole techniques.

Butterfly tole tilted CU

This butterfly is 5 layers, which were all cut out by hand. Card Stitching has die cut sheets which are really fun and easy as well as the 3D cut out sheets. You can create a quick, yet stunning project with the die cut sheets. They are especially great for a beginner since it helps to see how the layers are made. OH, and they have some new Sarah Kay ones too!

Butterfly tole CU I did the paper piercing on vellum to give a lacey look. To be honest, I am not sure what the difference between paper piercing and paper pricking is. Here are 2 articles and a tutorial to read about them. Paper Pricking...Paper Piercing

The paper piercing pattern is from Fred She Said. You can find this exact pattern here. This pattern is one of the Freebies that she offers. Perfect for trying her products and if you are new to this type of paper piercing.

Butterfly tole

Here is the complete card front which is embellished with some ribbon and Swarovski Crystals.

Butterfly tole inside

I used the same paper piercing pattern on the inside as well as a Jolee charm on top of a sheer flower.

On the bottom I added the same ribbon I have on the front as well as a sentiment which says:

"Every day holds the possibility of a miracle"

I hope this encourages you to try paper piercing. It is so much fun!

Hugs, Sandy O

Comments from before moving to blogger

OH MY GOSH ... this is just STUNNING!! I have several of these 3d sheets in a box ... thanks for the inspiration to get back to them!! BEAUTIFUL card my friend!!! Posted by: Darlene (akronstamperdpk) April 07, 2010 at 07:57 AM HOLY BUTTERFLY!! Sandy, that is STUNNING! Posted by: sarah coyle April 06, 2010 at 10:09 AM

2 comments:

JANE said...

Sandy!Wonderfull card! Super batterfly

Lisa said...

I'm speechless. I can't get over how amazing this is.