Saturday, April 17, 2010

Young Love

Spring reminds me of many firsts. The first rose on a bush, the first daffodil breaking through the earth, the first bee and butterfly. The first time I saw the ground since last fall, LOL (I live in NH so that happens at least half the time) The first day without a jacket. I am sure you could come up with many spring time firsts too!

SMC twitterpated front tilted down

Do you remember the first time you "fell" in love? I remember being in first grade and certain that I met my future husband. You know, now I can't even remember his name, LOL. It happens to all of us though, that first love.

Spring reminds me of this too. Maybe from watching the movie Bambi when I was younger, LOL. Remember when Flower then Thumper and finally Bambi became twitterpated (did you know that is really a word!)

So, even though Valentines Day is over, we love or fall in love all year long. Above is the card I made to represent a first spring "Twitterpation", ha ha ha

SMC twitterpated tilt CU These images are from Sew Many Cards. You can always tell one of their images because of the cute little patches on them.

I colored them to resemble my husband and I since we met when we were in high school, which seems fairly young in todays world.

I really think these 2 images belong together, don't you?

Recipe:

Stamps: new images from Sew Many Cards called "Cami & Grace" and "Owen With Roses"

Ink: Ink Jet

Paper: Paper Temptress, Papertrey Ink

Asseccories: Big shot, nestabilites, Stampin' Up texturz plate, paper piercer, piercing mat, silver elastic cord, self adhesive pearls, misc. charm, ribbon, Copic markers

Copic marker colors used:

SMC twitterpated

R 00, 02, 11, 20, 32, 35, 46

E 21, 31, 33, 35, 37, 51

B 00, 02, 05, 45, 95

BG 15, 23, 34

Y 21, 23

C 01, 03

Blender

Challenges that I am entering this card in:SMC twitterpated inside Little Red Wagon: dry embossing

Crafty Card Maker: Do something that you have avoided doing---Used Papertrey Ink Pattern Paper and card stock which I have stayed away from because it does not match the Paper Temptress Paper that I have. I don't like not using PT Card stock since I have first used it. All other paper seems dull in comparison so I have completely avoided using any other.

Res-Q Challenge: two fold---1. use pastels 2. us an image that makes me smile. These images make me smile because they remind me of my new DT spot for Sew Many Cards.

Charisma Cardz Challenge: Monochromatic

I hope your day is full of spring time firsts.

Hugs, Sandy O

Comments from before moving to blogger

What a pretty design and coloured beautifully. Images work very well together, lovely work x Thank You for challenging yourself at Crafty Cardmakers x Posted by: Vixykins April 27, 2010 at 06:14 PM Wow, another great eye for design! Your work is very inspiring. Thanks for playing the RESQ this week. Posted by: Jean (naturecoastcrafter) April 22, 2010 at 08:33 AM beautiful card, x carol Posted by: carol April 19, 2010 at 02:40 PM Hi Sandy, You asked me about my DP and colouring. You are right, first I choose my image, with that in my mind I'm going to look on the challenge blogs for a nice sketch for that image.Than I take my DP's and take papers that combine with my image.With my Derwents pencils I made a colour card.I lay this on my card and than choose the right colours that match with my DP and than I colour my image!!!Then it always (although mostly!!!LOL) comes together. Give it a try. goodluck.But you did a great job on this one too!!! Posted by: Adrina (SMC DT) April 19, 2010 at 06:49 AM Sweet card! Thanks for playing along at Little Red Wagon! Posted by: Rosanne April 18, 2010 at 09:51 PM Congrats on your DT spot! This is an adorable card! Thanks for playing RESQ challenge this week! Posted by: DENISE M. April 18, 2010 at 03:48 PM its brill, the images do go together, your so right, well done and thanks for playin with us at crafty cardmakers xx Posted by: judie April 18, 2010 at 03:46 PM very prettyThanks for joining us at Charisma this weekAllisonX Posted by: allison April 18, 2010 at 01:40 PM Oh this is absolutely precious!!! And of course it makes me smile too!!! Thanks for playing along with our RESQ challenge!! Posted by: LuvLee April 18, 2010 at 01:54 AM Very sweet card. I love that image you worked with. Thanks for playing along with us at LRW! Posted by: Carolyn April 17, 2010 at 09:53 PM What a beautiful card Sandy. I just love how you have put the two images together. Posted by: Peggy April 17, 2010 at 08:07 PM Cute card. Reminds me of Precious Moments. Posted by: lisa808 April 17, 2010 at 05:53 PM Oh wow! Beautiful work Sandy!!! I love how you used these two images together and you're right, it does take me back to many firsts!!! Awesome job! Posted by: ~Jeri M~ April 17, 2010 at 04:28 PM

No comments: